- 84, rue St-Germain Est, bureau 2080, Rimouski (Québec), G5L 1A6
- 418 722-3726
- Free Phone
- Length: 50 km
- Sectors and pools: 7 pools
- Type of fishing: Wade fishing for salmon
- Fishing season: August 1 to September 30
- Daily catch limit per angler: 2 small salmon under 63 centimetres
Salmon fishing on the Port-Daniel River
From 1982 to 1996, salmon fishing was closed on the Port Daniel River to protect remaining salmon stocks. For similar reasons, the government also created the Port Daniel Nature Reserve in 1948.The Port Daniel is comprised of three branches; the northern branch, the largest of the three, covers more than fifty kilometers. Efforts to restore the Port Daniel have seen the successful reintroduction of large salmon to the North Branch of the river. Seven pools are available to six anglers; the water is crystal-clear, and sight-fishing is standard practice. The Port Daniel has a late run of salmon; the river is open to fishing from August 1st to September 31st. The Société des Etablissements de Plein Air du Quebec (SEPAQ) oversees the management of the Port Daniel.
- The annual statistics are provided by the Government of Quebec.