Here are all the necessary files required to carry out the Histoire de saumon educational program (french only):
- Technical Description of the Program
- Incubator Components
- Installing the Incubator
- Stages of the Program
- Teacher's Reminder
- Student Notebook
- Teacher Notebook
- Salmo's Anatomical Board students version
- Salmo's Anatomical Board teachers version
- Program's Presentation - PDF (french only)
- Program's Presentation - Video (french only)
For more information about the Fédération québécoise pour le saumon atlantique and Saumon Québec*, click here to be redirected to the home page.
* Saumon Québec is the trademark of the Fédération québécoise pour le saumon atlantique.
FROM RIVER TO SEA: A FILM ON THE LIFE CYCLE OF ATLANTIC SALMON IN THE RIVER
This film by Normand Bergeron and Francis Bérubé, produced by Les Films de l’Argent de Poche in collaboration with Spirafilm, the Centre Interuniversitaire de recherche sur le saumon atlantique (CIRSA) and the Institut national de recherche scientifique (INRS) in 2003, remains one of the most beautiful videos on Atlantic salmon. It tells the fabulous story of the species’ life cycle, from the river to the ocean! We suggest that you watch it with your students as an introduction to the salmon’s life cycle, before discussing the spawning process and trying to determine when the eggs will hatch.