Fly tying contest
Saumon Quebec fly tying contest
Annual event at the Trois-Rivières Fly Fishing Show
For the second year in a row, our jury of 5 exceptional fly tyers will be at the Trois-Rivière Fly Fishing Show on November 25 and 26 to judge the flies submitted for the 2023 tying competition!
This year's competition is divided into 3 categories:
- Wet (Imposed fly : Thunder & Lightning)
- Dry (Imposed fly : Killer Whisker)
- Open category (2023 theme: butterflies)
To see the imposed fly patterns and their exact grooming, go to the patterns page.
Course of the event
Each fly tier may submit a maximum of one fly per category, for a total of three flies maximum.
A total of five prizes will be awarded:
- First position Wet (jury vote)
- First position Dry (jury vote)
- First position Open category (jury vote)
- First position Open category (in-person public vote)
- First position Open category (virtual public vote)
The flies will be on display at the Trois-Rivières Fly Fishing Show, in the conference room where the live public voting will take place.
The day after the first four prizes are awarded, we'll publish the photos of the flies in the open category (taken by our team) on our Facebook page. People online will then be able to discover the fly tyers' creations and vote for their favorite fly in the virtual category.