What is the women's mentorship?
The women’s mentorship is a holiday of initiation to salmon fishing, to progress and to share among each other. This year, the trip was held on the Escoumins River.
In 2023, the women's mentoring program was organized in collaboration with Les Chèvres de montagne. Les Chèvres de montagne is Canada's largest women's outdoor community. So we're very proud to have been able to join forces with this formidable and dynamic team. For the last edition, we got together for a women's weekend on the Upper North Shore at Rivière des Escoumins.
The aim of the women's mentoring program is to offer you a unique experience, far removed from the pressure to perform, in a friendly, all-inclusive atmosphere.
WHO IS THE WOMAN MENTORSHIP FOR?
The Women’s Mentorship is for all women who wish to learn how to fly fish and salmon fish. The activity is for women who have never touched a fly rod as well as for new salmon anglers (5 days of fishing or less) who are not yet comfortable fishing alone.
RATES FOR 2023
$550 per person taxes included
Pricing includes :
- 2 nights accommodation in a shared yurt by the river with no electricity (6 people per yurt). A detailed map of the exact location will be sent to participants.
- Camp bed
- Access to drinking water and toilet (no shower)
- Happy hour drinks on Friday and Saturday night
- 2 breakfasts: Saturday and Sunday
- 2 lunches: Saturday and Sunday
- 1 dinner: Saturday
- 1 fly box for each woman
- All the equipment for salmon fishing loaned (rod, reel, line, waders, and boots)
- Accompaniment of a mentor on the river (ratio of one mentor for 2 fisherwomen)
- Right of access on the Les Escoumins River for Saturday and Sunday
- Welcome gift
Pricing excludes :
- Transportation to the destination
- Sleeping bag and pillow
The price for the event is made possible thanks to funding from the Ministère de l’Environnement, de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques, de la Faune et des Parcs (MELCCFP) in the wildlife recovery and enhancement program resulting from an investment by the Government of Quebec.